Wednesday, 27 April 2016

Research

18.04.16

I looked into creative ways that people have used recycled materials that could offer inspiration for a pavilion design and found some interesting examples online.


This is an interesting example of how to get the most out of everyday materials that we think nothing of. It has also proposed a cheap housing alternative and offers a great incentive for people to recycle their plastic bottles.


University of Applied Sciences Beer Box Pavilion - Link
I took a lot of inspiration from this pavilion design, not only did it reflect aspects about life as a University student, it also promoted recycling to the student body and created a really interesting and refined structure. As well as the obvious use of beer boxes, the students also used screws, slats, bracing for the top and concrete filled boxes for the base to keep the structure in tact. Overall the design looks great and it shows creative use of recyclable material.














I Want to be Recycled - Link
I came across this website after seeing some of their advertisements and although the TV ads were really tacky, there was an interesting idea beneath them. I think showing what specific materials can become when recycled properly would be an effective way to promote recycling to audiences and educate them around the importance of recycling materials correctly.



The U-Cafe features chairs made from plastic bottles, walls constructed using cardboard boxes, and staff aprons made out of recycled plastic bags. It was designed to challenge the perception of waste and explore new ways of creating sustainable buildings. I really engaged with this idea, particularly the fact that it can be taken down and reassembled elsewhere. It also ties into the idea we had around the recycling of cafeteria waste.



No comments:

Post a Comment