21.04.16
I used Rhino 5 to mock up one of the ideas I've had around the 'Wasted' story. I tried explaining this idea but found it would be easier to show rather than tell. Rhino is a valuable resource to use when trying to visualise a 3 dimensional concept, being able to move around the design rather than seeing it as a flat image on the page helps to imagine how the structure might operate within a space.
The idea is to use a chain link fence to divide space, and then fill that fence with used coffee cups. The idea came to me when I realised that the majority of takeaway coffee cups are non recyclable. I thought about how this could tie into a recycling promotion with a specific cafeteria where they might discount your coffee if you were to bring your own cup. I also considered how typography might be incorporated into this concept where words, letters or numbers could be created with cups by using the grid system of the fence.






No comments:
Post a Comment